Tuesday, September 3, 2013

BIcycle Shoes

I have now heard of it all. Did you know there are shoes for bycycling.  Who knew. When I go out on my bike I wear flip flops and pedal pushers. These are shorter panse that don't get caught in the chain. Now I see for $98.00 shoes to wear on your bike. I am amazed. No wonder everybody buying a house now a days has to have a walk in closet. Its for all those shoes. Golf shoes, soceer shoes,  baseball shoes, swim shoes, snow shoes, rubber boots. clogs, work shoes, casual shoes. We are basically shoe nuts in America. In Europe most people don't have a closets.  Clothes are stored in Armoirs.  This is a giant cupboard for hanging clothes  It is certainly not a walk in closet. Yet we all aspire to being more like Europeans. We seek to go there on exotic vacations. We think of Europeans as more sophisticated than ourselves. The truth is they have less shoes. Maybe we could back off of having so many shoes.
Simplify. Be more European. Look in your closet. I have ten pair of shoes easy. That doesn't count the ones in the mud room I use for gardening. So maybe I am up to twelve. I know it's ridiculous but I have too many shoes just like everybody else in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment